Welcome to West Urbana
West Urbana Neighborhood Association (WUNA) is a grassroots, volunteer organization. Our mission is to preserve the residential integrity of the neighborhood, while continuing to welcome a diverse mix of residents to its lovely, quiet, tree-lined streets. WUNA seeks to maintain and enhance the neighborhood’s friendly, attractive, and safe environment that is within walking distance of downtown, campus, and excellent schools.
WUNA was created in the 1970s by a group of neighbors who wanted to preserve the residential integrity of the neighborhood. WUNA does not provide rules or regulations for the neighborhood; that is the task of the City of Urbana. Those of us fortunate enough to call West Urbana home owe a debt of gratitude to those early founders and to the continuing efforts of current residents to protect the streets, trees, parks, quiet spaces, and charming characteristics of West Urbana.
- Carle Park in the news
The Oct. 23, 2020 Smile Politely issue contains an article by Seth Fein praising Carle Park that includes photos and a video with some magnificent aerial views. https://smilepolitely.com/culture/year_of_the_park_a_to_z_carle_park_urbana_video_feature/
- Welcome to the Neighborhood Brochure (pdf) – has information about parking, garbage, recycling, noise, property upkeep and occupancy limits. It is also useful as a reminder to current residents about existing ordinances.
- West Urbana Neighborhood Residential Parking Zone – How to get or renew a parking permit
- Miscellaneous Waste Disposal Information – Charlie Smyth’s list of info and relevant web sites.
- City of Urbana municipal electric aggregation program
- Contractor Recommendations
- Locating Property Lines and Corner Markers
- Urbana’s 100 Most Important Buildings (pdf)