Urbana Local Government and Services
Information on ordinances, key personnel, executive department including city codes, council agenda and minutes, recycling, community development information, permits, and more.
City Council meets every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month at 7:00 pm
City Council Committee of the Whole meets every 2nd and 4th Monday at 7:00 pm
These meetings are at the City Building, Council Chambers at 400 S. Vine.
Residents new to the city may not know that Urbana has a municipal electric aggregation program that will save them money if they participate.
Lots of information available on this site including schedule of classes, upcoming events, Urbana indoor aquatic center, the Wandell Sculpture Garden, dog park and more…
WUNA Neighborhood Schools
Urbana School District #116
Leal Elementary School – 312 W. Oregon St. – 384-3618
Urbana Middle School – 1201 S. Vine St. – 384-3685
East Campus 1801 S. Philo Rd.- 384-3590
Urbana High School – 1002 S. Race St. – 384-3505
University Laboratory High School1212 W. Springfield Ave. – 333-2870
Champaign County – Property Record Search
Viewers can find out who owns homes by searching by address or parcel number. This information is posted in the newspaper once a year. Searching by name is no longer available.
- Welcome to the Neighborhood Brochure (pdf) – has information about parking, garbage, recycling, noise, property upkeep and occupancy limits. It is also useful as a reminder to current residents about existing ordinances.
- West Urbana Neighborhood Residential Parking Zone – How to get or renew a parking permit
- Miscellaneous Waste Disposal Information
- City of Urbana municipal electric aggregation program
- Business Recommendations
- Locating Property Lines and Corner Markers
- Urbana’s 100 Most Important Buildings (pdf)